https://i0.wp.com/mehlsglutenfreebakery.com/files/lemon-bar.png?fit=2800%2C1867&ssl=1 1867 2800 gluten-free https://mehlsglutenfreebakery.com/files/mehl-bakery-white-shadow.png gluten-free2018-01-26 15:59:182018-08-16 13:22:14Lemon Bars
Gluten-Free Lemon Bars
- 1/2 cup butter dairy-free margarine or coconut oil may be substituted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cups Mehl's Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons Mehl's Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons real lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Mix all crust ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Pat into 8 or 9 " square pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Break eggs into mixing bowl and beat well.
Add sugar, baking powder, flour and lemon juice and mix well.
Pour filling onto crust.
Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick put in center comes out clean.
Once cool, sprinkle top with crumbled cookie or powdered sugar if desired
- This crust may be used with any filling you care to try.
- You can use a round pan or pie crust pan as well.
- For a sweeter crust, substitute half the flour for crumbled gingersnap or sugar cookies.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!