https://i0.wp.com/mehlsglutenfreebakery.com/files/beef-stew.png?fit=2400%2C1800&ssl=1 1800 2400 gluten-free https://mehlsglutenfreebakery.com/files/mehl-bakery-white-shadow.png gluten-free2018-01-30 12:47:372018-10-04 10:28:03Beef Stew
Gluten-Free Beef Stew
- 1 pound stew beef
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium sweet onion diced to 1/4” (or 2 tsp onion powder)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 medium red potatoes quartered and then into cut into 1/4” thin slices
- 2 medium carrots sliced into about 1/4” thin rounds.
- 2 celery stalks sliced into 1/4” wedges.
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon Mehl's Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup water
Brown the stew beef in the 2 tablespoons of hot oil.
Add the water, Worcestershire sauce, onion, garlic, salt, black pepper, sweet basil, sugar and tomato sauce.
Stir well and simmer for 1 ½ hours, stirring occasionally.
Add the potatoes, carrots and celery. Cover and cook for an additional half an hour.
In a separate bowl mix the flour with the ¼ cup of water until there are no lumps.
Add to beef stew mixing right away very thoroughly to thicken the stew. Stir and cook until it thickens.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!