Always a favorite at our bakery!
Gluten-Free Gingersnap Cookies
- 1/2 cup shortening (see note for alternatives*)
- 1/2 cup oil (see note for alternatives*)
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 TBSP baking soda
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups Mehl's Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Cream the shortening, oil, molasses, and sugars to a large bowl.
Thoroughly mix in the remaining ingredients until well incorporated. When you can scrape the bowl and see a uniform color throughout it is good to go.
Refrigerate for one hour, if desired.
Roll about a 1 1/2" scoop dough in sugar until fully coated.
Place on un-greased cookie sheet about 2" apart.
Lightly press the cookies with a flat cup or the palm of you hand.
Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes or until baked to your preference.
Let cool on pan for at least 5 minutes before handling so cookies can firm up.
Store baked cookies in an airtight container or freeze them in plastic bags. They'll last longer if they are protected from air.
* Instead of the shortening + oil, you can use 1 cup of butter or dairy-free margarine, if you prefer.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!